Fleur de Lee

Fleur de Lee
Vintage made New

PINK

PINK
Fleur de Lee

Getting Ready for Valentine's Day

Getting Ready for Valentine's Day
Bouguereau,'First Kiss" Click to Visit Etsy Shop

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Honoring Ballerinas everywhere
& One of the most famous
Anna
Anna Pavlovna (Matveyevna) Pavlova was born on February 12, 1881 in Ligovo, St. Petersburg, Russia to unwed parents.  Her passion for ballet started after viewing a Sleeping Beauty Ballet. Her training began at age nine. At ten she was accepted at the Imperial Ballet School. Physically she was challenged by weak ankles and long skinny legs. Her tenacity for practice brought her taunts from fellow classmates who dubbed her  "The little savage." She worked hard at overcoming these obstacles. 
Over her early years she studied under some of the best classical ballet teachers.  She made her official début at the Mariinsky Theatre in Pavel Gerdt's Les Dryades prétendues (The False Dryads). Her performance drew praise from the the best critics of her time. Pavlova is perhaps most renowned for creating the role of The Dying Swan. By the early 20th century she had founded her own company and performed throughout the world, with a repertory consisting primarily of a shortened version of famous works.m of Petipa's works, and specially choreographed pieces for herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
www.fleurdelee.net and www.alicenwonderland.com WILL SHOW YOU MY TREASURES.... I love "ALICE", PARIS, To CREATE, MY FAMILY especially Carlos and VINTAGE MADE NEW!

Birth of a Blog!

Hi,
This is the first day of the first page of my blog!
Welcome
To read more about me
My website will tell you more detail..ABOUT US @ www.fleurdelee.net
I love: Vintage Jewelry, Alice in Wonderland, Paris, Costumes/Fashion from any age...and I love my New Mac!
My websites www.fleurdelee.net and www.alicenwonderland.com contain my treasures BUT there is more to me then that.....I love to create fashion...And so VINTAGE MADE NEW has been a work in progress. I will post pictures of my felting creations...and I also love to recreate from vintage clothes to restyle and add a oh so me flair!
Please connect and lets share our stuff
Happy Blogging!